Saturday, August 23, 2008

JDRF Walk

If you didn't come to the JDRF Walk you really missed a good time. First let me tell you. It is not a 5K. You only have to walk about 1 mile and that is it. They have so much going on the kids had a blast. There was face painting, limbo, climbing wall, bouncing slide and other bouncing things. They give you water to start the race and they have several water spots along the way to make sure you get enough. They had samples of energy drinks and after the walk they handed out lunches with BBQ hotdogs and chips. I have never done this before and was amazed at all the stuff they do. It was actually pretty fun. Our team had a amazing turnout. The Green Family
was there of course along with the Sears's, Sauer's and some friends from Shannon's ward. Our team raised over $500 for the JDRF and the walk itself raised over $600,000. This was a lot more fun then I ever thought it would be and spending time walking with the extended family was nice since we don't get to see them very much. I can honestly say that this will probably be a annual event for our family.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

I am so glad you had fun. That is exciting that you earned $500 dollars maybe next year you can double it? Abby was looking at the pictures with me and said "look there is Aunt Michelle next to Aunt Char."